Ok, first of all, the proper pronunciation of bruschetta is brusketta. In Italian “ch” is read like “k”.
Then… I know, I know, all Italians know how to make tomato bruschetta, it doesn’t matter here is my version made with tomato concassé.
The procedure for tomato concasé can be found here.
I know it may seem like an extra step , but trust me , it’s worth it . Remember? It’s the details that make the difference.
- Tomato concassé (see procedure here)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh herbs or dried herbs: dry oregano, fresh oregano, basil…
- ciabatta bread
- Season the tomatoes with oil, salt , pepper and herbs to taste . Let stand tomato 20/30 minutes . Meanwhile…
- Cut the bread into slices neither too thick nor too thin , say about 1 cm. And toast it
- Peel the garlic.
- Once the bread is ready rub it with the garlic, salt it and oil it, in that order. This to prevent the salt from slipping away with the oil.
- Season the bread with the tomato and serve while still warm, if you can.
- Believe me, it makes a whole world of a difference!
This post is also available in: Italian